Asphalt Pad for Working Facility?

mardi 25 novembre 2014

A friend's family company has won the contract to resurface the county road in front of our house. He told us we could have all the millings we wanted, delivered.


I am going to pave some areas around the farm. I told my son I was thinking about taking down our large handling area and paving the surface. It gets muddy in the winter months.


My son believes an asphalt pad may get too hot during the summer months. He is concerned that cattle standing on asphalt may get hot feet.


There are times we need to keep a cow or calf penned and they would have to lie down on the pavement. We also use the pen to fence wean calves.


My solution is to provide an area where a penned cow can have access to dirt or bedding. Even thought about putting a thin layer of dirt or river sand on top of the pavement.


My thinking is the pen will be easier to clean with the BobCat with a fairly solid base.


Any thoughts on whether my idea is flawed?






Asphalt Pad for Working Facility?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire