X1100 difficulty shifting transmission

samedi 22 novembre 2014

These hydrostatic transmissions are known for difficulty getting the transmission out of gear and into neutral. The new "X" series, has an "unloader" feature, activated by the brake which is to serve the function of unloading the pressure in the hydrostat so the shift lever can be moved.

On my 2014 X1100, this new feature doesn't seem to do the job it is intended to accomplish. Anybody else out there with the new model that is having better success than I am?

I bought the unit to plow snow with, and if we can't get the shifting to be a little quicker and easier, I'm afraid this unit is going to be a dud in that application. I've taken it back to the dealer, but they haven't been able to help - probably don't know what to do.

I know if you wait long enough, the pressure will unload to enable shift change, but that isn't practical or safe, especially when in plowing snow you are constantly reversing direction in tight quarters.

If anyone is planning to plow snow, I'd research this problem before buying one. Any ideas out there????





X1100 difficulty shifting transmission

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire