2006 RTV900 Starting Issue

mardi 12 février 2019

Hi everyone,

I have seen some similar issues here to what I am having but nothing in the fixes from the other threads seems to fix the issue. Also, upfront if anyone has a pdf of the service manual (or where to get one) that would be a great help!

When I turn the key all the lights come on, one more click glow plugs come on, then to "start" sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it starts on the second try, sometimes it's the 50th. Sometimes you move the gear handle from neutral to gear and back and it will start, sometimes moving the e-brake does it. Basically, nothing seems to trigger it to start consistently.

I have replaced the starter, it has a new neutral safety switch and I cleaned and tested the ignition switch as well (all good). I tightened and checked all the battery connections (battery is new) also.

The only weird thing is that with the neutral switch unplugged it won't start at all BUT it also appears that the relay for that switch is missing (if I am right it is the furthest one to the passenger side on the mount?).

I am about to either;

a)jump the neutral switch or,
b) replace the ignition, starter relay, safety relay (which isn't even there now)

I am happy to replace whatever needs to be replaced but this issue REEKS of an electrical gremlin that I am just not able to chase down... every time I think I get it fixed it rears its head again.

Up for any and all thoughts here! Again, love the forum and thanks in advance for the help!


2006 RTV900 Starting Issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire