Engine runaway with clouds of black smoke.

dimanche 3 février 2019

Hi,

Not been here for a while. But, I have a problem that's got me puzzled.

My RTV (2004) started fine (temperature about -2F) and was left to warm up while I did some quick tasks in the barn. It started to make an odd noise and when I looked down the barn aisle, there was so much black smoke I thought something was on fire.

What I discovered was the engine running at what sounded like maximum rpm making an incredible cloud of black smoke. I turned the key off but it had no effect. Tried turning the key off several times. In desperation I raised the bed and tried the throttle connection on the fuel pump but moving that had no effect on the engine's operation. As a last ditch effort to get it shut down before something worse happened, I used the pliers on my leatherman to squeeze the rubber fuel line which shut it down after a few seconds.

At this point I've no idea what caused this behavior. Have any of you seen it?

Thanks
Fitch


Engine runaway with clouds of black smoke.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire