Rotary rake- single basket vs centre-feed two basket

vendredi 21 mars 2014

Hi all, I'm looking at upgrading my 50 year old roll-bar rake with a rotary rake. So far it looks like I can either get a new single basket or a used two basket for about the same price, an I'm trying to decide which is the better way to go. I had one dealer who thinks I may have an issue with tractor clearance over my windrow in first cut if I go with a two basket. I bale with a NH BR740A SS pulled with a Case CX100. After talking to a neighbour I'm thinking a centre feed rotary should be able to make a wider swath, and so the height might not be any more than a side delivery? Also, if I go with a centre feed, should I be able to bale more bales/hour because I'm using the whole pickup? I bale almost exclusively silage. Any input is very much appreciated!


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire