Two tie and three tie bale sizes and stacking

dimanche 30 août 2015

I've been looking up old topics on different sizes of bales and stacking and hope someone wants to talk about it one more time.

I have a New Holland BC5070 baler (14x18) and I bale about 7500 wheat straw bales per season. They go to a feed store and for erosion control.

I pick them up with a NH 1085. The stacks need to be moved and loaded with a squeeze. 

I make two stack patterns. I put the bottoms on edge and then put a regular 7 high squeeze block (two tie tiers) for once customer who has low trailers. The rest I do a seven high with bottom and fifth layers on edge. This makes a really stable block. 

I always tie the tops before dumping.

Here's the problem.

It just seems to take way too long.

I go from the Hesston three-tie to the little two-tie and all of a sudden I'm baling and stacking in slow motion, or at least that is how it seems.

 

Has anyone used a Freeman 270 with a 15" chamber?  

 

Or...

My straw customer says that if I came up with a three-tie bale under a hundred pounds that were tight. I know there were Freeman 370 balers that had 15" or 14" chambers but I think they are pretty rare. Plus, I have a lot of painful memories of bent bales, random knotter problems, and bull gear grease all over everything and I just do not want to go back to a Freeman. (We have two 200's setting in the back pasture)

 

What about converting a Hesston 4690 to a fifteen inch chamber? Or better yet, a 14" chamber?

 

I realize there are several different topics here, but I'm interested in any opinions...

 

2015 BC5070.jpg

 

2015 wheat straw.jpg

 



Two tie and three tie bale sizes and stacking

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire