Discbine with ragged cut: how much difference can one lifter make?

jeudi 22 mai 2014

I took my discbine out for a small test run tonight after I serviced it and I have a terrible skip between the outer two right-side discs. This is a Vicon KMR 3800 which I'm guessing nobody has but the cutterbar arrangement is standard for a 12' mower. Outside two discs have a tower on them and both rotate toward the center of the machine. (Yes, the knives are new.) The mower is clearly pushing crop ahead on that side of the machine instead of feeding neatly through the conditioning rolls.



Looking at the right and left sides, the only thing different that I notice is a single lifter is missing off the inner of the outer two discs on the problematic right side. Just to make it more confusing, the comparable disc on the left side never had any lifters so I have a hard time believing that one missing on the right is my problem.



Any ideas on what could cause a roll feeding problem that would be resulting in this ragged cut?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire