What did I buy?

lundi 19 mai 2014

Hiya, folks - First-time poster here, and I wanted to get my feet wet with a general question (as opposed to a problem). We bought some acreage last summer and I've been watching tractor ads ever since. Came across what appears to be a pretty good deal on Craigslist last week, called and talked to the seller, and struck a deal. The tractor is several hours away, and we're going down this weekend to pick it up.



It didn't occur to me (duh) to ask the seller what the model number was, and I can't make one out in the photos. Just wondering if anybody can identify the unit (ad called is a "28hp 2WD" unit) so I can start building up my documentation library? Also - and I realize this is a loaded question - anything specific I should be on the lookout for? I know buying it sight-unseen over the internet was a gamble, but I spent a long time on the phone with the seller, and I feel pretty good about it. He's an older guy (older than me, anyway) - mid-70's - and used the tractor for digging post-holes and smoothing out sandy soil. Barn-kept and comes with manuals, spare filters and oil, etc. Owner and his wife are moving to Maine and he didn't want to drag it along with him.



I've never owned anything larger than a riding mower, although I've used tractors all my life (grandfather had a diesel Kubota many years ago, and I've got buddies with a Chinese tractor, a Kubota, and a JD that I've borrowed for household projects over the years). I'm not unfamiliar with them, but I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as a full-time owner.



Thanks in advance for your help.




Attached Images









File Type: jpg Tractor1.jpg (54.5 KB)
File Type: jpg Tractor2.jpg (61.6 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire