How many cattle and other questions

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

As some of you know, my very nice neighbor has me supply hay for his 4 cattle and 2 mini donkeys. I'm hearing he may get rid of all the cattle (2 will go to market this fall). The other 2 may be sold as well.

I want to approach him with the idea of me raising cattle on his pasture.

I know you're going to laugh, but its only about 4 acres. There was no problem raising 4 + 2 mini donkeys. I wondered how many cattle can I put of 4 very fertile acres? There's a small run in shed and a barn that holds 20 4x5 round bales. Fencing is very good and is wired for electric shocker.

I want to raise them and sell them. No pets. Just raise beef.

Of course I can supply all the hay necessary in winter from what I raise.

There is an excellent hay saver feeder, watering boxes, even a cattle chute for shots.

So given all that:



How many cattle can I reasonably raise?

What breed is most economical to raise and bring most $$ (He currently has Irish dexters and they are very docile, but I heard they grow slowly). I have no "breed loyalty" I do like the belted galloways my neighbors down the street raise and wondered if they would be a good source of advice on help with raising them?

How long do I raise them before they get sold?

What can I expect to spend per head for typical cattle PLUS all the other needs (shots, bag feed, etc.)



Thanks.



How many cattle and other questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire