Hay Head for Hesston 9240

mardi 30 septembre 2014

Hi, new to forum so please bare with me. I farm in east central Saskatchewan, run a small beef herd of 40 cows which I am trying to expand, along side a 4000 acre grain farm. I put up around 500 dry hay bales, mostly a mix of alfalfa and orchard grass and or brome. I sell my surplus at the moment. One cut, but looking at doing two if this wet weather keeps up. I have run an old 12' New Idea 5112 haybine, which was slow but got job done until this year. I borrowed a 16' New Holland 1475 to get me by this year which I really liked, except your looking back all the time! I already own a Hesston 9240 with a 30' grain head, so would like to get a hay head for that, rather than a pull type haybine. Hay heads to fit this machine seem fairly hard to come by and not cheap, so I want to make sure I get a good machine. Does anyone have experience with these? Pro's, con's etc. There are Hesstons and Massey models that seem to fit. My final question is if I were to buy a 1275 haybine or similar, can the cutting head be fitted to my tractor unit? Reason for that is they are easier to find and cheaper, and more flexible if I need to swath grain and cut hay at the same time. Any advice, tips or experience would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to have a functioning self propelled haybine by next hay season! (June 2015)

Thanks in advance,

William



Hay Head for Hesston 9240

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire