Seedling alfalfa weed control

samedi 10 mai 2014

I got the courage to go look at my seedling alfalfa today after the past week of hot weather and no rain in over 10 days until today. I feared the worst but I was quite surprised that what had germinated looked very good. I do feel the stand is a bit on the thin side.....it just seems like it should be thicker and I did find some seed that was barely covered with soil had tried to germinate but dried up.



I noticed that I have some morning glorys that had also germinated about the same time as the alfalfa and some patches of thick pigweed. I expected these to weeds to appear but not so soon. I did not go for a RR alfalfa since it would not help me with the pigweed anyway and I think the morning glory will just be an issue with this establishment period. Otherwise those 2 weeds the field is very clean. The alfalfa has one single leaf and is soon to have the first trifoliate leaf. What would be best to spray? Thanks, Hayden


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire