Stick-y Situation

dimanche 21 septembre 2014

Just lately, I've heard a tic tic noise on the RTV. It has been such a long week with adding onto the barn that I put any investigation on the back burner. I have been spending long days in the skid steer moving gravel and leveling places to put gravel , so didn't look for the problem.

Yesterday though, I had some time and jacked up my 'bota and greased the ujoints and myself before it was all done, ( somehow the cap came off the grease gun) any ways, confirmed that one outer ujoint has slack one doesn't. I looked around and rotated the wheels .. no tic tic... no slop in the bearings neither even after 1850+ hours , then I start looking all over. I see a cracked heat deflector as a possible source and then under the transmission cooler on this 2011 900, I see a stick... it just has missed the poorly placed transmission cooling radiator and is protruding just enough for the engine fan it touch it. I removed the stick, and no more tic tic. Blessed again.. I was concerned the noise was coming from the engine but no. just a stick. :) Posting an inferior picture to get the idea - my camera phone is the "dumb" kind and cheap to operate.. so it fits me just fine but the pictures are .... bordercollie




Attached Images





File Type: jpg 0920141641.jpg (45.0 KB)







Stick-y Situation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire