NH 450 utility vs Deere 450e balers

mercredi 9 décembre 2020

Hi all, I’ve read this site for advice for years and finally have a question to ask. Saw some similar threads from several years back but looking for updates on newer models.

I’ve picked up some more land and can’t keep up with square baling 4000 bales like I managed this year (and ended up brushogging some I couldn’t get to). No one around to custom hire and it’s impossible to find decent used round balers with net wrap for a reasonable price around here. I feed squares to my own stock so all rounds will be sold. The market here is 4x5 dry net wrapped so that’s what I’m looking for.

Baling with a Deere 5075e 4wd (a bit over 8000 lbs and low 60s PTO hp) and only doing a couple hundred dry bales so I’m looking at the lighter weight economy models. Only one Vermeer dealer here who I wouldn’t buy a can of coke from and the only MF/Hesston dealer also sells new Holland and doesn’t like or stock the economy hesstons.

This leaves the NH 450 Utility (not the regular 450) and the Deere 450e. Prices quoted are almost identical, multiple competent dealers for both near me so service isn’t an issue. NH has net/twine while Deere is net only but otherwise identical specs.

I’m asking for anyone with experience or knowledge of either one to let me know of any recommendations for or against either of them. I gather the early years of the NH had some electrical problems but they seem to have fixed them from what I can tell. Dealer said it works fine as long as it’s directly wired to the tractor battery.

Thanks for any help!

NH 450 utility vs Deere 450e balers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire