Massey 124

dimanche 6 décembre 2020

Bear with me on this one, folks. Approximately 5 years ago I got this baler. Story I got was that the original owner bought it from a dealer that allowed him to take delivery and use it until he sold his tobacco that winter. The man then died during the next spring. It sat in the barn for several years until his wife remarried and acquired a stepson. The stepson baled 4 acres and apparently decided that it was too hard. He may have broken a sweat. I bought baler. Brought home. Did basic maintenance and lube work. Finally time to bale straw. Baled about 50 bales and then twine would wrap up around bill hook and under knotter ( right side knotter only ). Cut it off, re-thread, and bale another 50 bales, then repeat this process all day. Tinkered and adjusted and called upon neighbors basically all summer. No improvement. Fall came, took it to dealer. They kept it for over 5 months and charged me almost what I paid for the baler, but swore it was fixed. When it came time to use it, it never tied the first bale. Had to pay to get a service call, found a twine disc with a broken “ear”. They told me they could not get the part. I began the search. Finally found one. Installed it. No improvement. I did find out that if I run the tractor at a “heavy idle”, it does seem to do better. I thought I’d switch to plastic twine to see if that helped since it made a huge improvement on my round baler. It made it so much worse. I’m going to put it back in the shop this winter but I’m at a loss of what else to do. All guides and springs are good. Any help is truly appreciated. Thank you

Massey 124

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire