Vermeer 605SM, JD 567, 568

vendredi 4 décembre 2020

Hi everyone! I hate to be "that guy" and post something like this on my first post, but I'm looking for advise and experience.  I'm up in the Northwest corner of Montana, put up about 500+ tons of hay a year, ranging from Canary Grass, to Garrison's foxtail, to timothy and some other hard ground grass hay. It runs from too tall to see over the tractor hood, to  having to rake 6 to 1, to get something to bale. I'm running a 4430 John Deere tractor, and have been running a 556 John Deere round baler, that's twine only, and quite frankly has been a real lemon! It's been on fire numerous times, broken rollers, chains, etc. Our fields range from pete moss meadows to ancient lake beds and some are fairly rough.  I'm not necessarily hard on machinery, but I'm not going to baby it along for no good reason either.
We'd like to move up to net wrap on a somewhat newer baler, and a 5x6 baler as well, so it's not maxed out at all times, trying to make a 5x5 bale.
I've been looking at all the local stuff as well as a bunch of online auction machines, and have run across a nice looking Vermeer 605SM, with a fairly low bale count (compared to most of the balers I've looked at, with 10,000+) at about 6,000 bales. I'm not familiar with Vermeer, as you really don't see many up here, and was wondering what some of the rest of you have experienced? I've got a slight bit of a sour taste for JD, but it's sure not out of the question with a 567 or 568 for the right deal, but I'd like to hear others' experience.

Thanks a bunch!

John

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_3646.JPG
  • IMG_3738.JPG


Vermeer 605SM, JD 567, 568

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire