SweetPro mineral suppliment

mardi 1 décembre 2020

Has anyone used the Sweetpro supplements.  I had seen a advertisement on the stuff and found it interesting.  I also taked to a producer that uses it and he swears by it. 

 

Last year I had my cows on the crystalyx, and also used the Cargill and Ragland Mills tubs that I bought at Bomgaars.  I have tried all three last year, so I can't really compare them in performance.  

 

Here is what I do know,  I started using the Ragland because its cost per pound was cheaper, and had my cows on it before and as the calved.  In May I turned them out on the Red desert west of Rawlins Wyoming with an elevation of about 7000 feet.  This fall in October when we brought them home I did not have one sick calf; now my cousin he had a bunch of sick calves this fall.  I am pretty sure that he did not feed any mineral; I feel pretty sure that my cows and calves went on the range healthier because of the mineral they received, and of course came of that range healthy.  

 

Product                                                                 Cost of each                               Cost per pound                                                                                                 

Sweetpro 250 pound tub                                          $120                                              $0.48       

Crystalyx  250 pournd tub                                        $120                                              $0.48

Cargil 20% Farm to Farm 200 pound tub                  $59.99                                          $0.29995

Ragland Mill 24% pasture tub 200 pound tub            $49.99                                         $0.24885

 

Maybe I should feed loose mineral.  I sold my calves today, and did real well.  My 500 weight steers brought $1.745 per pound.  



SweetPro mineral suppliment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire