MF 1839 Baler Hydraulic Bale Tension Pump Issue

mardi 29 décembre 2020

Greetings all.

 

I had a weird occurrence with my MF1839 small square baler this week.  While parked in the barn, the oil in the reservoir on the hydraulic bale tension pump leaked all over my barn floor.  Based on where the dirt is washed away, it appears the oil leaked out the pump drive shaft.  Here's the odd part.  I haven't baled hay since late September (today is December 29th).  For the last 12 weeks, there has not been a drop of oil on the floor then suddenly all three quarts are on the floor.  A few days ago, we had a cold spell in these parts (Western PA) and the overnight low dropped to the mid single digits.  I am wondering if the temperature swings would cause some kind of expansion/contraction that cause a seal to fail.

 

I have owned the baler for two seasons.  Bought it used when it was about 7 years old.  During the two hay seasons I have used it, the hydraulic bale system didn't lose a drop of oil. (And I check the reservoir level before every baling day.)  So the seals were all good when I parked it in late September.

 

Any thoughts on why the oil reservoir would suddenly drain out?  This wasn't the first time the baler has been in my barn through a cold snap.

 

And even more important, does AGCO sell a repair kit for the pump?

 

Any insights on what the heck is going on are welcome.

 

And so much for Dad's old adage that "equipment never breaks just sitting in the barn" ....



MF 1839 Baler Hydraulic Bale Tension Pump Issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire