Winter maintanance and anual fluid changes started

mardi 9 septembre 2014

Well after the big flood here and loss of most of my driveway.I decided to do all winter maintanance early because i shattered 2 u joints on the Bota.

Picking up fluids tomorrow and u joints should be here tomorrow also.

I got the rear end off and wasnt much left to the top 2 joints.While i had a conversation with Bordercollie (bless her sweet heart) on tips I did manage to get the 2 outer joints and shaft out of the bumper.I got real lucky as I didnt need a press for anything.Removed the nuts and put the nut on backwards and used an air hammer to vibrate things loose and they slid right out.I checked bearings and seals and after 8 years they were like brand new and still nice and tight.So my motto is if it aint broke dont fix it.No need to replace a thing on the outside so i put that all back together.Im not sure why it seems like the top joints are the ones that take the abuse,maybe its on more of an angle.

Tomorrow ill pick up filters oil and udt 2.Thursday ill replace the joints and change all the fluids and should be good to go for the winter.Eventually ill figure out a way to change them top 2 with out having to remove them from the tranny.It would make life a lot easier and less messy.Ill keep ypu updated on the progress and let you know how the new joints work and the quality of them as im using a different joint this time.THANKS Bordercollie for the e mail and tips.



Regards



Mark





Winter maintanance and anual fluid changes started

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire