Help me Decide about balers

jeudi 16 octobre 2014

Hey guys, Im new to this site and a new hay farmer, so forgive me if I have some dumb questions. I've been planning to start up a small hay operation for a few years now, and it has finally come to life. I recently obtained 30 acres near my home in North Eastern Indiana. I'm going to plant a mixture of alfalfa and orchard grass on the land, and sell the hay at local hay auctions. I am in the process now of buying my equiptment and Im having trouble deciding on what baler to use. I know I need a round baler due to this being a 1 man operation. And I would prefer a small round bale like 4x4 or 4x5 bales. But there are so many different kinds and the information I have read is so contradicting. Some people say the balers with the belts are the best and make a better bale and say to run away from the ones with chains. Then some people say the chain ones are the best, that you can bale up fence posts with them if you wanted to. Some say the fixed chambers are no good and advise to get a expanding chamber. Anyways, help me out here. I only have about 5k to spend on a used baler, so I know its going to be old and still use the twine to wrap the bale. Any help would be great i.e. brands, features, sizes, what to look for and look out for and so on and so forth.






Help me Decide about balers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire