David Brown 990

mardi 28 octobre 2014

Hello all,

I just picked up a 1970 david brown 990 selectmatic for moving snow piles and dragging logs around and for grading my driveway.

I was told it was fully functional and gave 3500 for it.

It has a strong diesel in it all hydrolycs work and functional.

I do have 1 minor problem and i I consider a major problem.

Minor problem is the front bucked sags or creeps even when unloaded and im sure its just the hydrolyc lever needs seals so thats an easy fix.The major issue is when i got it home i noticed the right front inside wheel bearing is completly gone.

I picked up bearings races and a new seal today and dealer bent me over hard unfortunatly.Will never go back there again ill order off line.Now my quandry is when i took it apart it looks like it wasnt but back together right or mickey moused together and may be missing parts or a part that they call a sleeve -oil seal.Does anyone here know anything about the david brown 990 or similar models are case?

If im spending the time and money to fix it i want to do it right but things like a 55 dollar washer im not willing to pay that kind of money to a dealership.

Wife is already chewing on my bum about it and im hoping someone here can help me get the machine functionable without causing a divorce.



Regards



Mark





David Brown 990

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire