Hay Crop Rotation on Same quarter of land

lundi 22 février 2021

Hello,

 

New to the forum and new to producing my own hay crop and would appreciate any help. So, I recently purchased a quarter of land back in 2017. This will be my 5th year farming it for a hay crop. The previous 4 seedings all consisted of oats or barley. I am looking for a better rotation to improve soil health and control weeds which were quite bad last year. This is my only piece of farm-able land so I am pretty limited on what I can do. The quarter is usually fall grazed as well. I need a consistent hay crop(weather permitting) each year and I am just not quite sure what is all out there for forage options. Must be beef cattle and sheep friendly forages. At this time I don't want to tie the land up with an Alfalfa and I cant take the chance of a lost production year for alfalfa to grow let alone the initial cost. A fall cover crop is not out of the question either. I am located in central/western North Dakota.  I am open to any help and suggestions. Thank You



Hay Crop Rotation on Same quarter of land

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire