Hay Price is Only Good for 24 Hrs

samedi 13 février 2021

Well I know we have beat the It's Unfair thing to death, but I was just thinking how nice it would be if hay producers could do the same thing as all their suppliers do.  Last week, ordered a firepit from my local metal supplier that I get my steel from for farm use.  Quotes a price, 40% higher than one done for me several years ago with the statement -Due to the Volatility in the Market, Quotes Good For 24 Hrs Only.  Now it's not quite that bad with fertilizer, lime, and seed but still often less than a 30 day market.  Fuel is what it is on any given day.  The steel used for the firepit was purchased long ago, and that price was what it was.  I get it if the material, or product you are trying to buy is coming from the future with an unknown price but this seems really unfair.  Oh, yeah, had to pay up front before they would make it. 

 

So, just thinking-  your hay customer calls for 500 bales and you say,

 

well it's $4,000.00 due up front and you have 24 hours to pay or the price could go up.  After you pay, I'll figure out when I can get it to you.  Wonder how long you would be in business. :D



Hay Price is Only Good for 24 Hrs

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire