Round Balers - Fixed vs. Variable Chambers (Krone Comprima F155)

mercredi 10 février 2021

I am trying to figure out if I can upgrade to a net-wrap baler this spring. I am currently running a New Holland 644 with auto-wrap that I picked up a few years back. It is nice to be able to hook it up to any tractor and go (no monitor, control box, etc.), but I run out of barn room and know I'm losing money on hay left outside that is just wrapped in twine. I sell everything I bale right now, but have plans to add some cattle in the next few years and would like to be able make silage hay, too.  I've got a couple of Krone Comprima F155 balers near me for sale with low bale counts. I know it is a semi-fixed chamber, but has anyone made a similar swap & are happy/unhappy with the results? 

 

  I haven't been around any fixed chamber hay in 20+ years, but do they still have the compressed, star-shaped cores?  Folks that sell hay from fixed chamber balers, do you get any compliments or complaints from customers? Do they even notice or care??? 

 

Regarding the Comprima F155 in particular:

1. Does the expanding last 1' in diameter make it "look" more like a traditional bale?

2. Would a JD 5100E be enough HP (& weight) for a non-XC model? I've got a 4020 or AC190XT I could use, but I'd have to wire them up to be able to power the baler.

3. Any horror stories on parts/problems with Krone balers? I'm well familiar with Krone products (I run a Krone disc mower & tedder) and have always been happy with parts & support on these.  

 

Thanks,

Andy

 

Attached Thumbnails

  • Krone Comprima F155 MC Baler.JPG


Round Balers - Fixed vs. Variable Chambers (Krone Comprima F155)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire