Hesston/MF Small Inline Baler Questions

samedi 11 octobre 2014

Priced three balers today, a MF 1835, NH BC5050 and a JD 328 and have a few questions about the inline MF baler.



1. Sometimes the offset traditional balers may rely on windrow size/ground speed and feeding the windrow into the pickup on the bale chamber side to achieve a uniform bale and minimize banana shaped bales. Is this attention required of the inline baler? I ask this because while I have no problem working the offset traditional baler with respect to the windrow, another family member may not. For example, it might be nice to have my teen daughter on the spur of the moment drive the tractor/baler while me and the boys load the wagon. If I can set a slower tractor ground speed, forget the windrow size and just say center the tractor on the windrow, forget about the baler and go - I've just bought myself another helper in the field. I use my daughter as an example, but the reality is - she is smarter than the rest of the bunch combined..... ;)



2. I'm selling all of my square bales. Reading and watching some videos, I get the impression the inline balers make solid, square/brick shaped bales out of the box - no tinkering required. Is this so and why? I know from personal experience that a banana bale feeds the same as a perfectly shaped bale, but sight sells and being able to present a perfectly shaped bale makes the sale easier. What problems generally plague an inline baler? I'm baling orchard grass and timothy, maybe some clover mixed in with the orchard grass.



3. I've read the cut side of the bale is on the string side/bottom? What does the other three sides of the bale look like? Could someone post a pic?



4. Being pulled directly behind the baler, how do you monitor the pickup vs an offset/traditional baler? Mirrors?



5. Transport ground speed. How fast and far can you pull one of these inline balers



6. All three of the balers I looked at were the low end offering - which would suit my needs. The JD was the highest and the 1835 the lowest in price. Given what I've read so far, I'm inclined to think the 1835 might be a slightly higher production baler with it's higher plunger strokes per minute and offer a more consistent bale shape than the JD and NH. Thoughts?



Thanks for your help!!!!!

Bill



Hesston/MF Small Inline Baler Questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire