Small Bale Accumulater, Bale wagon, or thrower

dimanche 22 décembre 2019

Long time reader, First time posting.

As it has been stated in many other posts I needed to start processing my own hay. I bought a 10 acre farm three years ago. The pasture was overgrown and needed total rehab. After 2 years of mineral applications, this past year I couldn't keep up with the mowing.

I decided to let it grow and get someone to bale it for me. This area has many retired farmers with little or no equipment. With no luck, on the forth of July I bushhogged 24 inch tall prime pasture grass. We brought the one horse we own up after that but obviously he cannot keep up with well fertilized grass.

One of the retired guys offered his help to procure my own equipment. He also offered the hay off of 15 acres that borders my property. (Saves him from mowing it. Win,win) I have obtained a NH 942 mower and 316 baler with no thrower. Now I'm trying to decide on buying a thrower or a 1010 bale wagon.

My only storage is in the loft using an elevator. The thrower can fill trailers while baling and can be covered if I can't get it in before the rain but requires a few people to unload them. As everyone has said help is at a premium. My thoughts with the 1010 is to single bale unload directly into the elevator. I only have smaller tractors and my larger one will be connected to the baler. My wife can run the wagon and I can stack in the loft. As long as rain isn't pressing this sounds like a good idea.

Not having used a single bale unloader, I could use some advice. I know what I'm dealing with using the thrower, is the Bale wagon a good fit for this application? Does it work well? Most disadvantages on this model is the lack of push offs but I won't be stacking the hay

The Accumulater/grapple doesn't seem to fit my use since I'm not making enough to over fill the loft.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Small Bale Accumulater, Bale wagon, or thrower

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire