Stub guard kits

mercredi 11 décembre 2019

My NH488 is just too nice of a machine and mows too nice for me to justify going to a discbine with all the more acres I cut. It's basically in almost-new condition. Right now it has standard guards that are in perfect adjustment, and a new knife. It doesn't plug up too bad in first cutting but in finer, shorter second and third cut it plugs up more. I am first wondering if underserrated knives would help this instead of overserrated.

 

Second, I have read enough about stub guards that look like they'd make it a better mowing experience. I also hate leaving the mow-hawks in the field from not being able to mow over material already cut.

 

I can't find any kits for a conversion to stub guards for a 488 9' machine, short of going to Messick's and ordering everything individually, and Webb's doesn't have anything. I'd also like adjustable hold-downs.

 

I know this is obsolete tech to most of you, but is anybody aware of something like this anywhere?



Stub guard kits

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire