Little tedder, good news --bad news

mardi 25 mai 2021

Recently at an auction I bought a little 2 star tedder to use as a backup. I made a good buy (price)--I thought.

 

2 days ago My main tedder had a flat tire so I hooked up the little backup tedder on a Massey 50 tractor.. It is a little old Galfre 8ft, pipe arm style tedder.

 

The Good news...works great, easy to hookup, good combination with the old tractor...works in a pinch. Spreads the hay very well.

 

The Bad news....it has a very heavy "thunk" noise on every revolution. The noise never goes away at any throttle speed or load. Sounds like self destruction is on the way. 

I suspect there is a tooth off of a gear in the gear box. Turning by hand there is a noticable catch at the same spot in every revolution of the star.  I don't  have a manual, and not sure it is worth the time to disassemble.

 

Any ideas?

 



Little tedder, good news --bad news

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire