Picking the right No-Till Equipment

lundi 24 mai 2021

Hello, just joined the site.
I have a Ford 3000 diesel and conventional equipment, Dearborn plow, disk, bushhog, grader blade. In the past I plow, disk, lime, disk, broadcast, and then use 4wheelers to pack soil since I don't have cultipacker.
However, I just had a new field created. It is about 5 acres that was thick with about 10yr old pines. Dozer pushed them out. Now its full of rock. I just bought a rock bucket and I'm having a guy with bobcat clear as much of the rock and remaining piece stumps as possible. Its very sandy rocky soil on a decent grade. I'm concerned about erosion soil Temps in summer, and retaining enough moisture in the ground. So if money allows I would like to get an implement that would allow me to plant for example buckwheat/sorghum in the spring, and then come back over top and plant a blend of cereal grains and brassica in the fall. Then repeat the process until I build some decent top soil up. Without plowing or disking. I may build or buy a crimper as well.

The fields will be used for food plots for wildlife.
What are my options of equipment for the job. I have looked at genesis no-till drills and I can't come close to affording that. And you can't find them used.
I don't think a regular grain seeder will work, correct me if I'm wrong.

Picking the right No-Till Equipment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire