New Mower Questions

lundi 12 mai 2014

Hey guys, new guy here, I've been looking around a little bit at a new mower and could use a few pointers. I have been running an old New Holland 469 Haybine for the past 6 years or so but it's starting to get tired. The rolls are losing more rubber every time I use it! I've been looking at mowers in the $3-4k range as I'm only cutting 20 acres of orchard grass and can't justify spending much more than that.

I just recently learned about drum mowers, are they any good? I've never seen one in my area. I can buy a new one in my price range and even though they are a bit smaller, with the speed advantage I think I could cut in about the same amount of time. The question is am I going to increase drying time substantially without any conditioning devices on the mower?

Or would I be better off finding a newer 9 ft Haybine with rolls? And if so what models work best? Any input would be greatly appreciated!


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire