Just want to say hi.

dimanche 14 septembre 2014

I found this site while doing research for a quad/UTV purchase. I originally started looking at Polaris Rangers. Then I started looking at Sportsman’s then discovered the RTV’s. I have a neighbor who has one, and is very happy with it, but I never paid much attention to it. As I found out, and as you already know, there is no comparison in

strength and durability between the ‘Belt Driven’ and the Kubota.



So as of a few weeks ago I am now the proud owner of an 06’ Camo RTV 900. It came with a steel top, glass windshield, windshield wiper, winch, heater, hydraulic dump, overhead console with CD player, front work lights, steel framed vinyl doors, bed liner, & glove box.



The fuel gauge doesn’t work and the rule cap leaks. I have purchased a new cap (which didn’t say “Diesel” on it) and it leaked as well. I read some of the threads here and doubled up on the gaskets and it seems to work better. Need to get a filter wrench to snug it up a bit more. I have ordered a manual and will troubleshoot the gauge.



Some things that I have planned for it are:

Change all fluids

Either replace the vinyl door skins, which are toast, or purchase steel doors.

Purchase rear cab glass

Repair/Replace the fuel gauge

Purchase a V snow plow

Purchase or fabricate a high rise air intake system



I won’t be using it full time for another three years or so when I retire. I will make the upgrades as time and materials present themselves.

I have already learned a great deal from this site and hope to add what I can to it.



Mike (SVG)





Just want to say hi.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire