PDM60 Installation

dimanche 27 mars 2016

Greetings Gang! I haven't posted in quite a while... (So long as a matter of fact, the last was before the X models came out. But I have been faithfully lurking!). Anyways, I thought I'd make a feeble attempt at a contribution as, once again I've used information here to assist with a repair on my 2011 RTV1100C. In this case, it was to complete a front left and right axle replacement. See excellent post by Bordercollie:

http://ift.tt/25rG372

In addition to replacing the front axles, I took the opportunity to install a used PDM60 I picked up on a motorcycle forum.

To preface, I could not find any previously posted information on the PDM60 or its installation on the forum. Please accept my apologies in advance if I somehow missed that information. For those of you that don't know, the PDM60 is an ignition triggered electronic fuse block. The one I installed is an older, non-programmable unit. The newer ones can be programmed to your liking. There are six circuits which combined will supply a total of 60 amps of fused power for whatever electronic gizmo you'd like to add to your RTV. There are 3-15A and 3-5A circuits. This particular unit is being used to fire my GoLight Stryker, so I have 5 circuits leftover. Eventually, I'd like to add an LED lightbar, and will just have to connect to one of the remaining 5 circuits when the time comes.
The first pic shows the PDM60 prior to installation.

The second pic shows a Posi-Tap connector I've used to connect the trigger wire to the solid yellow wire which exits the lower portion of the relay panel behind the seat and above the fuse panel. I could hear one of the relays clicking when the ignition key was turned on, so I just used my multimeter to locate the power-on circuit.

The third pic shows the main power wire for the PDM60 which I've attached to the main power wire (Lower of the two red wires. Top red wire is main power wire for relay panel.) for the relay panel.

In the last pic, in the dead center of the photo, is the bolt which fastens the fuse panel to the frame. There are two of these, one on either side of the fuse panel. I've taken a pic of the outer bolt of the two, because the inner bolt is very difficult to photograph. This location serves as an excellent main ground for the PDM60, which I've attached to the inner bolt of the two.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to someone.

With warmest regards,

Brian

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DPP_0030.jpg (44.8 KB)
File Type: jpg DPP_0031.jpg (44.9 KB)
File Type: jpg DPP_0032.jpg (45.9 KB)
File Type: jpg DPP_0033.jpg (54.4 KB)


PDM60 Installation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire