Timing NH 575 Square Baler - needles/plunger

jeudi 21 mars 2019

I have a couple of these balers and I've been doing some preseason service and checks. So i replaced the front chain by the fly wheel. Unfortunating i didn't check how it was exactly set timing wise before i changed the chain. I turned the baler over to a position where i could remove the master link on that chain. I locked the flywheel/plunger and the shaft running to the back so they couldn't move. I then changed the chain. I ran it through a cycle and noted plunger timing and it was pretty close I felt like 3/4 - 1" But i noticed the 2 knotter hub marks didn't line up and I made sure the needles were in the home position. The marks were out say 3/4" so i readjusted the change so it was timed the way the manual stated. Lining up those marks on the 2 knotter hubs. Then i ran it through the knotter cycle watching the plunger to needle timing and noticed that now the plunger as advaced like 1 3/4" past the needle tips as they come up through the floor slots. This baler always has tied excellent and i've had it since new in 2006.

So i checked my other 575 and its needle to plunger timing is about the same close to 1 3/4" to 2" past the needle tips. However this baler is finicky it never has tied as good as my 1st one.. I works but in tough springy hay type conditions it likes to pull the twine out of the need eye. I have fooled with it many times regarding this trying the suggested ideas in the pinned post.

How critical it is to have those 2 marks on the knotter hub line up? Books says with in a 1/4".  Or is it more important to get the needle to plunger timing right on and not worry as much about those marks on the hubs?

Today i drove to a dealer and looked at 4 new NH 5070's on the lot. Well all 4 the needle to plunger timing was a different. 1 was around a 1 1/4" the other 3 were like 2" and none of the knotter hubs linned up perfect. I asked the service personal and they said they don't adjust the needle to plunger timing. They just run it through a knotter cycle making sure it ties and other pdi checks.

So i'm wondering how exact that timing needs to be as I don't want to be fooling around resetting things during the start of haying season. Manual says 1/4" to 3/4".

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20190319_184156-1008x756.jpg
  • 20190319_184142-756x1008.jpg
  • 20190319_182630-756x1008.jpg
  • 20190319_184725-756x1008.jpg


Timing NH 575 Square Baler - needles/plunger

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire