Bale Density - Length - Weight vs Thrower

mercredi 27 mai 2015

We baled up over the weekend some squares from my newly refurb'd New Holland 68. During the first 20-30 bales, I'd stop, check the bale density vs string tightness until we were getting what I thought was a pretty decent 36 inch square. Sometimes though, one would be a little looser than others and I can see how dropping one of those could bust a bale or when stacked on a wagon get crushed and let one side of the stack tip over.

But I watch these youtube movies showing these square bales flying through the air, landing and holding their shape!

Question is - when throwing a bale, how tight do you set the bale, i.e. string so tight you have to pry your fingers under the strings to pick it up, what is your bale length and weight? The folks buying my hay aren't exactly body builders and I'm definitely not either - LOL, so a bale that is 40-45 lbs is desired and priced accordingly.

How do you set your bale length, density/weight on your bales you are putting through your thrower? What does it take to bust a bale?

Just curious.

Thanks!
Bill

Bale Density - Length - Weight vs Thrower

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire