Idiot needs help with his Deere 530 baler

mardi 26 janvier 2021

So, earlier this year I bought a 530 round baler at auction. I've baled before, but always in small squares. I have the book and read it, and the neighbor asked us to bale his cornstalks for him. I talked with some people who have run these, and it seemed simple. So, today was my first day trying to make a round bale. Yeah, you guys know where this one is going.

 

For some reason the monitor didn't tell me when the bale was done, the light didn't change, and the alarm didn't go off. Also, the baler didn't start it's tying process. So, the idiot at the wheel (me) thought it wasn't quite full. I went forwards a bit, and snapped a belt. Tomorrow's project is taking the belt off (It's the one on the far right side). Our local mechanic says to pull that one and the one on the other side so he can splice it to the correct length. That part makes sense to me. How to do it doesn't. I can't find much information on this, but I found this thread: https://www.haytalk.com/forums/topic/94258-john-deere-530-baler-belt/

 

The idea makes sense- remove tension so the belts are loose, take the pin out, and pull it out after noting how it's routed. But, how do I raise the tension arm?

 

--------------------

 

Once the belt is fixed, does anyone have any idea why the baler wouldn't tie? Both the orange light and the green light were on the monitor the whole time. The last owner said that it just does that. The book makes me think there's a sensor not working somewhere. Where that is though, I have no clue. Shouldn't the baler have started it's tying process when the bale was full though, even without the sensor? Is there something wrong with the baler that I need to fix, or is it the idiot in the seat that did something wrong?



Idiot needs help with his Deere 530 baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire