Wasp Nests

jeudi 11 septembre 2014

Awhile back, maybe a year or so, good ol BC started a thread called "Everything Else". The intent I suppose, was to direct anything non-RTVish to be posted there. BC I love ya and thank you for what you give us..........BUT............For me, this became a major pain of just another something or other to open before I got to what I wanted to see..........If I wanted to see it.....Which lots of times I don't.............So, for me, and I have noticed a few others, posting out here in the open.........Surely NOT to disrupt the flow; and I truly thanks for putting up with this.....................



Anyway, what I am talking about and asking for thoughts on, is what to do about wasps in my game camera, security video cameras, solar battery collector boxes, and road alarm sensor boxes that are disguised as bird houses or just boxes.................I have built wooden boxes to protect the electronics of these devices from the weather mainly; but also to perhaps camouflage them from the vandals/trespassers who might see them...............



The problem is the durn wasps that take up residence in them. lol.....I guess they are a good "watch dog" for the vandals but they are also a pain when I go to service the device. Yes, when I discover them I nuke them with typically malathion or the like.........This might last for a few days or maybe even a couple of weeks..........In my gate opener, I have noticed over the years that fire ants LOVE the electronics or whatever it is in there..............lol......the phone guy just had to splice our cable due to fire ant damage way up on the line in the middle of it maybe 30 feet in the air from the pole......



So, what I wonder, is if there is something, like moth balls or whatever that one can put in there to last longer than a week or two as the spray lasts perhaps that long???...........A bit ago I was up on a tricky slope servicing an alarm transmitter that was working sporadically. When I took of the "birdhouse" there came the whole nest at me. Perhaps 10 or 15 wasps..........just about broke my neck/leg whatever, getting away from them down that 6' slope.........



Any thoughts you have on this would be really appreciated........Yes, I can spray them before I open; but hate to drench electronics with fluids if I don't have to.........Thanks........God bless........Dennis





Wasp Nests

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire