Ford 4630 power steering problems

vendredi 20 février 2015

ok guys I am a newbie to the site but not to working on tractors.



I have a 1992 ford 4630 and the power steering pump was leaking bad. I bought a kit from ford along with some additional O-rings that were not in the kit. I removed the pump and cleaned every thing as I disassembled it plus I laid each piece out in order during disassembly. I have a breakdown of the pump from ford to assist me during the job. I inspected the shafts, gears and bearings while I had it apart and all looked good. The bearings were a little worn but not bad. I replaced all the seals and O-rings as I reassembled the pump according to the breakdown. reinstalled the pump and when the tractor is sitting and idling it is really hard to turn the wheel. if I bring the rpm's up a little it seems a little better but not much. If you drive the tractor around with the rpm's up some it seems fine. I even cracked a few of the lines to make sure I did not have an air lock in it. It is still hard to turn.



Any ideas? Thanks.





Ford 4630 power steering problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire