Opportunity or pass?

vendredi 20 mars 2015

A local big time builder just bought a 50 acre farm. He has to put 15 acres into open space. He gave me the open space to farm it as a grass field.

I inspected the existing area designated to be left open. It looks excellent. Pure orchard grass.

The remaining 35 acres is going to be developed. It's your basic rectangle, short side of rectangle parallels state road. Development road will "T" off state road and split 35 acres in half lengthwise.

Land on either side of development road was corn last year. For whatever reason he doesn't want the corn farmer back.

Builder asked me if I'd be interested in seeding it for grass hay. reason: township won't let him build until late 2015.



Should I attempt to seed this 30 acres of land for maybe 1 full cut this year and a partial cut next year, knowing I'd have to twalk away since ground will break? Might be able to continue farming some of it following year depending on how well homes sell.

My guess is "no" with cost to plant seed and get 1-1&1/2 years of thin harvest off it. What say you?



Opportunity or pass?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire