Keeping heifers

mercredi 8 avril 2015

Well i have another newbie question, should i consider keeping the two heifers i mentioned in my last post, as replacement cows? The reason im asking is im considering selling the herefords i have, and would possibly be looking at replacing them. As i mentioned i would like to go with a angus or angus cross sense they sell better in my neck of the woods. The two heifers i have are angus x gert crosses. One of my concerns is one of the heifers mama has some issues with growing long hooves on her hind legs, also she seems to be one of my only cows that tends to fall of bad when nursing. The vet said the issue with the hooves would probly carry over to her offspring. So what should i do? Part of me feels like i should chance it and keep them and sell the herefords, the other part says sell them since prices are doing good right now. Whats yalls thoughts?



Keeping heifers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire