The Bobcat S300/ hayhead saga continues.

jeudi 23 avril 2015

Update to the recent thread about the TBH 15 high reach hayhead that I was building for the Bobcat.
It is built and painted, and has functioning hydraulics.
I needed to wire it for the elec/hyd switches but curiousity got the best of me. I ran it down to the stackyard to see if it would pick up 15 bales as it should, it didnt. Actually it did, and then tipped forward. It was right at the balance point and obviously not safe at that point.
A trip to the dealership and an education later, I have learned that they make 3 types of weights for just this reason. They make axle weights that bolt on, they make back door weights that bolt on inside the door, and they make suitcase weights for the side panel behind the rear tires, some assembly required. I picked up 300# of suitcase weights. Now I have to drill the holes and get them installed.
The entire time that I have owned this machine I have been thinking that the electrical connection in the front would power anything electric over hydraulic and that the switches would allow me to function multiple cylinders from the joystick controls. This is not the case. The factory 7 pin requires an onboard computer on the attachment. This is apparently only available on Bobcat name brand attachments? The remaining option was to run wiring and a switch into the cab, which I have now done.
While I was there at the dealership I picked up some tires as mine had some pretty nasty gouges and not much tread left. Then I had an epiphany, we filled the tubes with fluid. The non corrosive kind. Now I added an additional 320 pounds to the rear tires.
All in all, if the drill bits dont break and I get the holes drilled for the weights, and a couple loose wires terminated, I should have it functional by late morning tomorrow.

The Bobcat S300/ hayhead saga continues.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire