Convinced I need an Ol' turd swather - which one?

dimanche 28 juin 2015

Since I know nothing on swathers/windrowers, I need a plethora of advice. 

 

Part way through the story, I picked up a #30,000 excavator to remove the trees that are encroaching everywhere on my tree farm...after costly repairs, and many hours grubbing trees...Voila!  It occurs to me, why not convert all my roads and ditch areas to hay, mow it twice per year and sell it, and get a tiny return on my mowing investment?  (The mowing I need to do to keep the myriad of trees, brush and vines from returning)

 

Well, after cutting a IH #46 baler out of a friend's boxelder patch and freeing it up (still won't make a knot), and buying a Owattona (Gehl) MoCo and making repairs to it, I realize I have WAY too many small areas, and no/few places to turn around the tractor and mower.

 

So, realizing I am a dummy, I now am angling to sell the mower/conditioner and buy a swather instead.  I am told that a conditioner is not too important (I will however be putting in a few acres of alfalfa), and that I definitely want an auger type versus the draper belt....

 

What swather should I look for here in Minnesota that has a 9' or 10' cut?  (12' foot may even be too big for my small disparate areas.)

 

I have to believe there is one or two models (older, in the $1,000 to $1,500 range) that would be optimal for my small mowing needs.

 

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

 

Mark



Convinced I need an Ol' turd swather - which one?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire