ULSD or Heating Oil?

lundi 29 juin 2015

I'm about to seal the deal on a new Kubota RTV X1100C and had a question on the grade of diesel fuel needed. I understand the importance of using ULSD on vehicles with modern exhaust emissions systems (DPF, SCR). The owner's manual on my Mercedes BlueTec SUV states that damage to the particulate filter may occur if ULSD fuel is not used. As I understand the RTV does not have emissions after-treatment systems and as such can be fuelled with most any grade (LSD/D2, USLD) of diesel? I also understand that LSD/D2 diesel has a higher sulphur content which provides for better lubricity thus possibly increasing engine longevity?

I will be using the RTV at my rural property and was contemplating using home heating oil from my furnace tank instead of having to fill diesel containers with ULSD at the gas station.

The laws in my jurisdiction prevents using coloured diesel (heating oil or farm diesel) on vehicles that are driven on public roads so I should be fine if I use the RTV on my property.

If I do end up using ULSD, should I use an additive?


ULSD or Heating Oil?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire