Shedding square balers?

lundi 4 novembre 2019

For as long as I can remember, which is well over 50 years, the unbreakable rule was that small square balers are not supposed to get wet. Belief was the knotters, bale chamber bearings, slides, etc would rust up and you would have problems galore.

 

We had a JD 336 from new until my folks retired about 15 years later, and to my knowledge, while under our stewardship, that baler never got wet once. Always shedded. If left out in the field overnight, it was always tarped. No exceptions.

 

But these days, I'm seeing guys routinely leave their balers out. Last year, guy who bales the lands next to me left his really nice JD 348 out for weeks.......with bale chamber full of hay.......and it took at least 4 inches of rain while sitting there.

 

Were we right or was that a myth?



Shedding square balers?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire