One Pass Tillage

jeudi 18 mars 2021

I think about this constantly. No-till is not in the cards yet and even if it was there would still be fields that I would have to redo whether ruts, woodchuck or some other issue. My current arsenal is moldboard plows which I do not use personally anymore but custom work, deep rippers/chisel that are used deep the first time to remove century of plow pan and improve drainage with the hope to never go deep again. Disk, 24' drags and cultimulcher. The only piece that I can foresee selling would be the drags which coincidentally need welding work as they are falling apart. The hard part is all is paid for owe me nothing but hate the time in the field to run each piece individually. 

 

So, what I'm looking for is the correct piece that could replace the passes of the disks and drags. It can be drawn or integral though I prefer drawn. 15' max in width.

 

I have been on fields where a JD field finisher was used and they are not smooth. However they are only doing one pass and maybe and additional pass may be needed. I don't know. Unverferth Perfecta equipment has always intrigued me.

 

Just thinking out loud.

 

 



One Pass Tillage

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire