auction JD 435, no fluid twine pump, worst case scenario?

mardi 30 mars 2021

I own a 535. I've done enough maintenance on it I'm starting to consider myself somewhat familiar with these. I'd prefer to make 4' bales over 5' bales so I've been keeping my eye out at the auctions. A 435 just came up locally. Everything looks pretty good on it except there was no fluid in the twine pump and it smelt a little burnt under the cap. I was able to crack the filter open and some darkish fluid came out. As I think about how much I'd be willing to spend, what's the worse case scenario here? Could it be just as simple as replacing the twine pump? Assuming the pump is bad/leaking. Wasn't sure if the potentially bad pump and contaminated fluid could have ruined other stuff. The pumps are currently $700+ with a Deere part number. I've heard tales of being able to use a 70s/80s GM power steering pump. If that's true anyone have a part number for that one?

 

It's got the French made netwrap system on the back, any issues with those? Forgot to grab the baler serial but I'm guessing it's going to be an earlier model.

 

15tMlaf.jpg

 

bsAPDc4.jpg

 

LCnlFdj.jpg

 

vO8Ug5g.jpg

 

 



auction JD 435, no fluid twine pump, worst case scenario?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire