Windshield Defrost Vent Move

samedi 27 décembre 2014

Good evening folks,



I decided to change the location of the windshield defrost duct location this afternoon. Well It was in the plans, I ordered 10 feet of 2-1/2" defroster vent hose from AutoZone last week...





The default location puts the duct in the cup holder which isn't that great of a location. The warm air pretty much runs into a plastic wall on its way to the windshield. I was also hoping to get my cup holder back but with this mod but there still wasn't enough clearance to do that. Even with that knowledge I think that the new location will be much better.





First thing I did was cut a 3" hole centered up in front of the steering wheel. Unfortunately I found that this was not a good location due to the hood hinge and had to move it left (as your looking at it from the front of the vehicle) a half inch or so. Dremel to the rescue.





Next I trimmed off the portion of the vent bezel to get the vent lower on the windshield and to provide better clearance.





I also had to trim off some of the vent mounting ring for clearance on the back side.





Here you see the vent hose mounted to the vent and if you look closely you will see that I needed to trim the hose clamp for clearance as well.





Another view of the vent prior to installation.





Here you see the installation of the hose to the heater.





This pic shows the routing from the heater up and under the dash to the vent.





When I was done with the install I re-taped my insulation in place.





Front view with the windshield open.





Interior view.



I think that this location will do a much better job defrosting the windshield than the factory location in the cup holder. This was a $10 mod and I think it turned out pretty well.



Now I just need to find a way to get my cup holder back. There is too little space for storage as it is...





Windshield Defrost Vent Move

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire