RTV vs BX snow plowing

lundi 19 janvier 2015

We moved to our property in November and are now there full-time, so this is my first winter maintaining the driveway on a regular basis. Last fall, we got a BX 2370-1 with loader/forks, mower, and frame-mounted 60" hydraulic plow to replace our old Cub LoBoy and JD 425. Our driveway is about 1/3 mile long with some open spaces in front of the garage, barn and turn-around. It takes four passes on the drive with the blade angled. To plow everything it takes between 1:15 and 2 hrs depending on how deep the snow is. On a nice weekend day this is OK, but not at 6 AM when its still coming down and is 10 degrees out. A truck plow would be the way to go, but is not an option.



We have been thinking about getting one of these Original Tractor Cab enclosures for our RTV1140

http://ift.tt/1yjtGds



And, with this enclosure, I am wondering if I should get a plow for the RTV and sell the BX plow. I like the looks of the BOSS 6' poly straight blade. The enclosure would definitely keep the weather off of me and the RTV can travel faster than the BX, which tops out at 8 MPH. Of course, I'm not going to be plowing at 25 MPH with the RTV, but with an extra foot of blade width and 10-15 MPH in the straight aways, I would think that I could shave some time off of the chore.



Any thoughts?





RTV vs BX snow plowing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire