dad and the spreader

dimanche 25 janvier 2015

So I have a few cattle, mostly for therapy for my 84 year young dad. He believes in confinement over winter in our climate, having been raised on a depression era dairy. My pasture is on the wrong side of the road from the barn so it has to be one way or the other so the poor girls spend 4 months indoors.



Twice a year we haul pen package manure and spread on hay ground. This requires a pretty fine spread and we have used old Starline rotary spreaders for years. Cheap to buy(bought one and got a half load of manure for $45 at an auction years ago) but slow to spread and takes a lot of fuel.



Dad has been lobbying for a better spreader but hard to justify for such little use so when my NH dealer said he would rent me a nitro I jumped on it. As mentioned in sensible spreader thread it was $150 a day. I called last week and he said he sold that one but another just came in and he would deliver it the next day.



Man is this thing sweet! He got it with custom colors to match his tractors. Really nice spread pattern. I think it's would work great for litter or compost and maybe lime. Check out the hydraulic twilight covers.Splatter:

Attached Thumbnails








dad and the spreader

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire