50 hour service and condition of filters

mardi 17 février 2015

I just did the required first 50 hour service on my X900 and decided to take the HST and Suction filters apart to see how "dirty" they are with metal fragments, etc.. Kubota suggests just changing the filters and not the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours, so I was interested to see if this is a good practice.

I am amazed at how "clean" the filters are! I found no metal fragments - even dragging a powerful magnet over the open filter element. The SUDT is as good as fresh fluid with no discoloration at all. Given how absolutely clean the filters are, and the clarity of the SUDT, I have to agree with Kubota and say that changing just the filters is necessary at 50 hours. The pictures below show the filters and the HST filter opened up to fully expose the full element. I was willing to change all the SUDT, but now I know that this would be a waste of resources, time and money. I did the same thing with my B7800 at its 50 hour service and I've not had any problems and now have 1600 hours on it.








50 hour service and condition of filters

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire