Beefing up the drawbar

mardi 26 mai 2015

Awhile back I read some of you guys have been making your own contraption to beef up your drawbars when using a big square.  I have a Hesston 4760 matched with a JD 4455.  I cant get the drawbar out far enough to get the required distance between the PTO shaft and the center of the hitch pin.  The Dealer in Juda,WI is coming next week to help me get everything set up.  The baler isn't the required height off the ground, so I have to flip the hitch over.  The PTO shaft isn't the required angle, so we are going to adjust that as well.  I changed out the yoke for the PTO shaft, but since I cant get the distance because of the shorter drawbar, I have to put a new PTO shaft on it.  Tom there says they have a small 1000 PTO shaft they will just trade me, so basically all this is costing me is the service call, which 2 hours each way of road time wont be cheap, but its starting to feel like that will be money well spent. 

 

Anyhow, I was looking at the drawbar, and its got more flex in it than I would like.  I was thinking of running a chain under it, and attaching that to my 3 point arms.  I was wondering if any of you that have beefed your own up, would be willing to post some pictures to give me some ideas.  Id appreciate it. 



Beefing up the drawbar

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire