Oats

dimanche 16 avril 2017

Where does oats fit into hay making for horses - small square bales? Where do oats fit in crop planting, timing, rotation?

To late for oats this year, but I've got my eye on a field I'm going to redo this fall and am curious as to how oats might fit into the mix.

This field may go into Teff for a couple of years, so I'm wondering what other crop I might fall or spring plant as an annual to glean some hay prior to planting Teff.

If Teff is a good spring to fall crop - frost to frost, what can be planted, harvested as the balance of the cooler year to generate revenue - oats?

Not sure around here horse owners would know anymore about oats than Teff - might be an uphill sell.

Oats? Where does it fit in an annual crop that would otherwise be Teff? Maybe it doesn't.

Thanks!
Bill

Oats

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire